Christmas on the Green.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Christmas on the Green.

Post  Alex.Bennett on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:22 pm

I was at my friends house in Lindal a few days ago and thought how nice there christmas tree always looks at christmas. I was wondering would it be possible to get a nice big christmas tree like theirs on our green. I am not sure how you would supply power to it (perhaps pay someone to run it throught their house at night? Neutral ) You could pay for this by either using the current treasury money or doing a door to door donation of lets say £5 as im sure most people would not mind putting £5 towards a christmas tree to make the green look more christmasy (Don't even think that is a word?) lol! Laughing ) You could then do carols on christmas eve around the christmas tree which would be nice for all the residents to join. I wonder whether this could be done Question Thanks for reading as always guys, i look forward to your replies.


Last edited by Alex.Bennett on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
avatar
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Posts : 82
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Central Court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Scott on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Good idea. This would look well nice on the Green. But where would we put it?

Good idea though, Scott
avatar
Scott
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 24
Location : Garden Court!!!

View user profile http://bpra.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Alex.Bennett on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Possibly in the corner of the green or in the centre of the green. It would look brilliant at night lit up and it would be really fun on christmas eve singing carols and having a good laugh with the neighbours. Very Happy
avatar
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Posts : 82
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Central Court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  2SG on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:21 pm

I think thats a really nice idea, What about getting one that will grow on year after year rather than one thats just there for the Christmas period? We could discuss at next meeting if we put it on the agenda. Sharon

2SG
Resident

Posts : 11
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Scott on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:35 pm

I'l help you decorate it Bennett Wink
avatar
Scott
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 24
Location : Garden Court!!!

View user profile http://bpra.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Alex.Bennett on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:37 pm

Yeah sure Scott im quite good at decorating Rolling Eyes Thats a good idea Sharon as we wouldn't have to pay for one every christmas and it could become an annual event. Very Happy santa
avatar
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Posts : 82
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Central Court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Scott on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:54 am

Bits of tinsel here and there, a few baubles can't beat a Christmas tree Wink as for maintaining it, would it need watered or anything done to it etc or would it just be left there? I think this is an awesome idea!
avatar
Scott
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 24
Location : Garden Court!!!

View user profile http://bpra.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  2SG on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:43 pm

It would be fine without water as we get enough here don't we. It would survive like other trees on the green, Sharon

2SG
Resident

Posts : 11
Join date : 2008-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  bpra_treasurer on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:25 pm

We would have to give the location right so that the power can be put out to it.

Probably need one that is a good size to start with.

Again could bring it up tomorrow.
avatar
bpra_treasurer
Member

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Ulverston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  ellie..x on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:37 pm

I think this is fab idea and should go forward. We could get some solar powered lights. Our only problem is if you mension it at the meeting the other residents won't know what u said. cally and elysia.xx
avatar
ellie..x
Resident

Posts : 7
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : 3 central court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  robert morris on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:35 pm

Yer this is a good idea Exclamation we dont really need christmas lights but it would look better. But are there any battery powerd lights Question santa


Last edited by robert morris on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
robert morris
Member

Posts : 24
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 22
Location : SOUTH GREEN :P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Alex.Bennett on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:07 pm

robert morris wrote:Yer this is a good idea Exclamation we dont really need christmas lights but it would look better. But are there ant battery powerd lights Question santa

Cheers for the vote of confidence mate Very Happy Battery powered lights are a great idea just found loads at http://www.christmastimeuk.com/themes08.php?cat=1100203&category=Christmas-Decorative-Lights
avatar
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Posts : 82
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Central Court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  robert morris on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanks bennett tongue
avatar
robert morris
Member

Posts : 24
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 22
Location : SOUTH GREEN :P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  robert morris on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:15 pm

ellie..x wrote:I think this is fab idea and should go forward. We could get some solar powered lights. Our only problem is if you mension it at the meeting the other residents won't know what u said. cally and elysia.xx

Question Question wouldent soalar powerd lights be too expensive, and at night you wont be able to see then Exclamation rendeer
avatar
robert morris
Member

Posts : 24
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 22
Location : SOUTH GREEN :P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  bpra_treasurer on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:05 pm

They would need a battery pack to allow them o work during dark hours.

These tend to be unreliable and need an element of sunshine to charge the batteries.

What we may need to do is get the council to fit a power box alongside on of the lamp posts which we can then plug the lights into.

Maybe we need to talk to Jakie Cooper to see if she can arrange it.
avatar
bpra_treasurer
Member

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Ulverston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Alex.Bennett on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:08 pm

bpra_treasurer wrote:They would need a battery pack to allow them o work during dark hours.

These tend to be unreliable and need an element of sunshine to charge the batteries.

What we may need to do is get the council to fit a power box alongside on of the lamp posts which we can then plug the lights into.

Maybe we need to talk to Jakie Cooper to see if she can arrange it.

Ok thanks for the info Shaun. I can't wait to see if this idea goes ahead as it will be brilliant if it is completed. Very Happy
avatar
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Posts : 82
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Central Court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  ellie..x on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:20 pm

WHY NOT GO WITH MY IDEA AND GET SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT Suspect
avatar
ellie..x
Resident

Posts : 7
Join date : 2008-10-19
Location : 3 central court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Alex.Bennett on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 pm

ellie..x wrote:WHY NOT GO WITH MY IDEA AND GET SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT Suspect

One problem with solar powered lights... When we have the lights on it will be dark therefore the lights cannot turn on as they have no sunlight. Thats why we want battery powered Laughing
avatar
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Posts : 82
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Central Court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  robert morris on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

ellie..x wrote:WHY NOT GO WITH MY IDEA AND GET SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT Suspect

and too expensive Razz rendeer santa
avatar
robert morris
Member

Posts : 24
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 22
Location : SOUTH GREEN :P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Scott on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Alex.Bennett wrote:
ellie..x wrote:WHY NOT GO WITH MY IDEA AND GET SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT Suspect

One problem with solar powered lights... When we have the lights on it will be dark therefore the lights cannot turn on as they have no sunlight. Thats why we want battery powered Laughing

As Alex sais, solar powered light will only work during the day, therefore won't be as effective. Also, if we ask the council for a battery box or whatever it was, will it arrive by Christmas??

Thanks, Scott
avatar
Scott
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 24
Location : Garden Court!!!

View user profile http://bpra.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  robert morris on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Scott wrote:
Alex.Bennett wrote:
ellie..x wrote:WHY NOT GO WITH MY IDEA AND GET SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT Suspect

One problem with solar powered lights... When we have the lights on it will be dark therefore the lights cannot turn on as they have no sunlight. Thats why we want battery powered Laughing

As Alex sais, solar powered light will only work during the day, therefore won't be as effective. Also, if we ask the council for a battery box or whatever it was, will it arrive by Christmas??

Thanks, Scott

Question Question Question Will it Question Question Question
avatar
robert morris
Member

Posts : 24
Join date : 2008-10-19
Age : 22
Location : SOUTH GREEN :P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Alex.Bennett on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:43 pm

robert morris wrote:
Scott wrote:
Alex.Bennett wrote:
ellie..x wrote:WHY NOT GO WITH MY IDEA AND GET SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT Suspect

One problem with solar powered lights... When we have the lights on it will be dark therefore the lights cannot turn on as they have no sunlight. Thats why we want battery powered Laughing

As Alex sais, solar powered light will only work during the day, therefore won't be as effective. Also, if we ask the council for a battery box or whatever it was, will it arrive by Christmas??

Thanks, Scott

Question Question Question Will it Question Question Question

Yeah because for a solar powered light to work it needs light which is only supplied for a limited time during the day in winter therefore making them useless. Also as you said they are expensive, god Rob where have you been in your science lessons Question Crying or Very sad lol! lol!
avatar
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Posts : 82
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Central Court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Scott on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Your physics teacher will not be impressed Evil or Very Mad i think we should go for battery lights, good old tinsel and a nice, big star on the top Very Happy
avatar
Scott
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 24
Location : Garden Court!!!

View user profile http://bpra.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Alex.Bennett on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Scott wrote:Your physics teacher will not be impressed Evil or Very Mad i think we should go for battery lights, good old tinsel and a nice, big star on the top Very Happy

And a few borbels, can't forget the borbels cherry santa
avatar
Alex.Bennett
Legend Of A Chairman!

Posts : 82
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 24
Location : Central Court

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  bpra_treasurer on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:22 pm

we need a tree first..............


which we may have some news on later.


WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
bpra_treasurer
Member

Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Ulverston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas on the Green.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum